logo 1

Visa Application Types

  • Non-Immigrant Visas - Temporary Stay

These types of visas allow the visa holders to enter and stay in the United States for the duration of the approved date.  These visas are for temporary stay. However, the visa holder may request to extend or change the status to stay longer.  You may want to apply for "green cards" or immigration petitions if you intend to live in the United States permanently.


  • B-1/B-2 Visitor's Visas
    Available to visits coming to the U.S. for business or pleasure. B-1 business visitor visas are for a short duration and must not involve local employment.  B-2 visas are for pleasure such as traveling or visiting relatives or friends in the U.S.  Nationals of certain countries may be eligible to visit the U.S. for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa.
  • E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor Visas
    Investors and traders and their employees may receive visas to carry on their business in the U.S. if their home country has a commercial treaty with the U.S. conferring visa eligibility.
  • F-1 and M-1 Student Visas
    Persons seeking to pursue a full course of study at a school in the U.S. may be eligible for a visa for the course of their study plus, in some cases, a period for practical training in their field of study.
  • H-B Specialty Occupation (Professionals) Visas
    Professional workers with at least a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent work experience) may be eligible for a non-immigrant visa if their employers can demonstrate that they are to be paid at least the prevailing wage for the position.
  • J-1 and Q-1 Exchange Visitor Visas
    Persons coming to the U.S. in an approved exchange program may be eligible for the J-1 Exchange Visitor's visa.  J-1 programs often cover students, short-term scholars, business trainees, teachers, professors and research scholars, specialists, international visitors, government visitors, camp counselors and au pairs. In some cases, participation in a J-1 program will be coupled with the requirement that the beneficiary spend at least two years outside of the U.S. before being permitted to switch to a different non-immigrant visa or to permanent residency.  The attorney regularly handles the application process for seeking a waiver to the home residency requirement that applies to many J-1 visa holders.
  • K-1 Fiancée Visas
    A Fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen is eligible for a non-immigrant visa conditioned on the conclusion of the marriage within 90 days.
  • L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visas
    L-1 visas are available to executives, managers and specialized-knowledge employees transferring to their employer's U.S. affiliate. Executives and managers holding L-1 visas may be eligible for permanent residency without the need for a labor certification.
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Worker Visas
    The O-1 category is set aside for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability. This includes entertainers, athletes, scientists, and business persons.
  • P-1 Artists and Athletes Visas
    This category covers athletes, artists and entertainers.
  • R-1 Religious Worker Visas
    Religious workers may be eligible for an R-1 visa.
  • TN Status Under the North American Free Trade Agreement
    A special category has been set up for nationals of Canada and Mexico under the provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Immigrant Visas ("Green Cards")

These visas are for people who want to live in the United States permanently.  You may enjoy almost all the benefits of United States citizens, except for the right to vote and a few government benefits. Your duties to the United States are almost same as the United States citizens.

  • Family Sponsored Immigration
    U.S. citizens may petition for spouses, parents, children, siblings, and fiancé. Permanent residents (green card holders) may petition for spouses and children. Depending on the nationality of the beneficiary, the "wait" time varies. Check visa bulletin for specifics. 
  • EB-1 Foreign Nationals of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers and Multinational Executives and Managers
    Individuals in this category can petition for permanent residency without having to go through the time consuming labor certification process.
  • EB-2 Workers with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts or Business
    Visa holders in this category normally must have a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process.  The labor certification involves a testing of the job market to demonstrate that the potential visa holder is not taking a job away from a U.S. worker. In cases where an individual can show that his entry is in the national interest, the job offer and labor certification requirements can be waived.
  • EB-3 Skilled Workers, Professionals, Unskilled Workers 
    Visa holders in this category normally must have a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process.
  • EB-4 Special Immigrant Visas for Religious Workers & Other Special Cases 
    Ministers of religion are eligible for permanent residency.  Widows or widowers of U.S. citizens who were deceased within 2 years may file for residency.  Battered or abused children or spouses of U.S. Citizens or Legal Permanent Residents ("green card" holders) also may gain the permanent residence through this category.
  • EB-5 Investor/Employment Creation Visas
    Under the 1990 Immigration Act, Congress has set aside up to 10,000 visas per year for alien investors in new commercial enterprises who create employment for ten individuals. There are two groups of investors under the program -- those who invest at least 0,000 in "targeted employment areas" (rural areas or areas experiencing high unemployment of at least 150% of the national average rate), and those who invest ,000,000 anywhere else.  No fewer than 3,000 of the annual allotment of visas must go to targeted employment areas.
  • DV-1 Visas (the "Green Card Lottery")
    55,000 visas are annually allotted in a random drawing to individuals from nations underrepresented in the total immigrant pool.
  • Refugee and Asylum Applications
    Persons with a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion may be eligible to apply for asylum or refugee status in the U.S.

We also assist "Green Card" holders in becoming U.S. Citizens (Naturalization)



Warning: array_shift() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/mclaw105/public_html/libraries/expose/core/layout.php on line 117